NOW is the time to reserve yours! Here’s why:
- Animals are plenty available, but getting in the butcher’s line is what takes the time, they are backed up due to Covid-19 so reserve yours now!
- We have butcher slots for November, then more for December, but if you wait too long to reserve yours, you will likely be disappointed, the rancher also has people wanting cows from his end too!
- You have more options now on what kind of beef you get
- Pay your deposit through the normal check-out, you’ll get an email confirmation & your beef has been reserved! I will contact you when your animal goes in to be butchered to give you about 2 weeks advance notice of when pick-up will be (anyone who wants to pick-up everyone’s beef in Blackfoot will receive a discount for time/gas)
- You will pay the remainder once the beef is ready for pick up, it will depend on the actual amount of meat– look below for approximations
- The first few to sign up will get their beef mid to late November, when those are gone the next people will get theirs mid to late December,
*a half yields about 4 boxes of meat, a whole yields about 8 boxes but it depends on the actual size of your animal, this is just to give you an idea*
- Yearlings (available in Nov & Dec): 1.5-2yrs old, very tender for all cuts of meat, less meat (about 400lbs/whole of finished product), $5.40/pound cut & wrapped (+tax)
- Heiferettes (available in Nov & Dec): 2-3yrs old, also great for all cuts of meat (approx 450lbs/whole of finished product), $5.04/lb cut & wrapped (+tax)
- Cows (available in Dec & later): 3-5 years old, still in great shape, but best for a few roasts, steaks & hamburger (approx 450+ lbs/whole of finished product), $4.68/lb cut & wrapped (+tax)
*If you choose to get a half it will be in the ballpark of 200-225lbs of cut & wrapped meat for approx. $1,053-$1,080 (+tax). This is an APPROXIMATE, we don’t know the weight until they are butchered, hang & then are processed–some cows look big and end up much smaller due to water & shrinkage & vice versa.
*This deposit is a commitment: If you change your mind you will need to ‘sell’ your animal to someone else (you’re welcome to contact me & if I know of someone I’m happy to connect the two of you, but ultimately it is up to you).