You can reserve yours now & here’s why:
- Animals are plenty available, but getting in the butcher’s line is what takes the time, they are backed up due to Covid-19 so reserve yours now!
- We have butcher slots for NOVEMBER, but if you wait too long to reserve yours, you will likely be disappointed, the rancher also has people wanting cows from his end too!
- You have more options now on what kind of beef you get
- Pay your deposit through the normal check-out, you’ll get an email confirmation & your beef has been reserved! I will contact you when your animal goes in to be butchered to give you about 2 weeks advance notice of when pick-up will be (anyone who wants to pick-up everyone’s beef in Blackfoot will receive a discount for time/gas)
- You will pay the remainder once the beef is ready for pick up, it will depend on the actual amount of meat– look below for approximations
- The first few to sign up will get their beef mid to late NOV, when those are gone the next people will get theirs mid to late DEC
*a half yields about 4 boxes of meat, a whole yields about 8 boxes but it depends on the actual size of your animal, this is just to give you an idea*
- Yearlings: 1.5-2yrs old, very tender for all cuts of meat, less meat (about 400lbs/whole of finished product), $5.40/pound cut & wrapped (+tax)
- Heiferettes: 2-3yrs old, also great for all cuts of meat (approx 450lbs/whole of finished product), $5.04/lb cut & wrapped (+tax)
- Cows: 3-5 years old, still in great shape, but best for a few roasts, steaks & hamburger (approx 450+ lbs/whole of finished product), $4.68/lb cut & wrapped (+tax)
*If you choose to get a half it will be in the ballpark of 200-225lbs of cut & wrapped meat for approx. $1,053-$1,080 (+tax). This is an APPROXIMATE, we don’t know the weight until they are butchered, hang & then are processed–some cows look big and end up much smaller due to water & shrinkage & vice versa.
*This deposit is a commitment: If you change your mind you will need to ‘sell’ your animal to someone else (you’re welcome to contact me & if I know of someone I’m happy to connect the two of you, but ultimately it is up to you).